The Falkenburg, built in 1194 by Bernhard II zur Lippe and his son Hermann II zur Lippe, forms the foundation of the Lippe sovereignty within the borders of the former Free State and today’s district of Lippe. It is also considered the cornerstone of the history of castle building in Lippe and Westphalia.
Offers through the association “Die Falkenburg e. V.”;
Appointments for guided tours by e-mail: falkenburg.jr.@gmail.com