On its way to becoming “Quality hiking region – Wanderbares Deutschland”
In order to make even better use of the hiking potential of the region, Lippe Tourismus & Marketing GmbH has taken the initiative and, together with the hiking associations, wants to get the district of Lippe on its way to becoming ” quality hiking region – Wanderbares Deutschland ” – because a certified quality region Wanderbares Deutschland guarantees a perfect hiking experience.
The “WALK” hiking competence centre on the area of the Hermann monument in Detmold is already the central place for hikers and all those involved in hiking. It was constructed as part of a project funded by the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia and is of central importance for the development of a continuous sign-posting system for the hiking trails. In addition, new information points (boards) will be installed to make it easier to start a hiking tour, the routes will be thematically better loaded and the rest areas, car parks and mountain huts will be modernised. The destination signage system is intended not only to point hikers in the right direction and inform them about distances, but also to show them the tourist attractions in the surrounding area and
A quality hiking region …
- … is dedicated to hiking infrastructure, accommodation and services.
- … offers a varied, at least five-day hiking holiday.
- … is perceived by the guest as a self-contained region and also markets itself as such.
- … ensures the sustainable maintenance of the hiking tourism offer
- … works together with all partners in the field of hiking (large protected areas, hiking associations, tourism managers, nature reserves) in a structured way
- … appears as an organizational unit.
On its way to becoming “quality hiking region – Wanderbares Deutschland”, a total of 44 criteria have to be fulfilled, which are checked by the German Hiking Association.
Source: German Hiking Association
Step by step
On its way to becoming “first-class hiking region – Wanderbares Deutschland” a lot has already happened, whether with the construction of the “WALK” or with the organisation of the 118th German Hiking Day in Lippe-Detmold and the quality process is progressing steadily.
The project “Quality Hiking Region Lippe” is supported by funds from the joint federal/state task “Improvement of the Regional Economic Structure”.