The Externsteine (EKS-tern-shtei-neh) rocks, part of a 40 m high rock formation, have for 80 million years been a portal to the Teutoburger Wald on the former imperial road between the Rhine and Oder rivers. Horn received its town privileges in 1248 and, in 1767, the Princely House of Lippe founded what are today the historic Bad Meinberg healing mineral and peat pulp baths.
Conventional medicine meets natural healing. Natural, healing peat pulp, mineral water and carbonic acid alongside Europe’s largest yoga facility and traditional Chinese medicine make the Staatsbad Meinberg public spa unique.
In the Teutoburger Wald | Eggegebirge Naturpark, the wandering star of the Hermann Heights (Hermannshöhen) illuminates above the Holzhausen- Externsteine health resort, where you can dive into a triad of yoga, peat and the Externsteine.
- Burg Horn (Castle Horn)
- Externsteine mit Kreuzabnahmerelief (Externsteine with relief of deposition of christ)
- Historic town centre of Horn with manor museum
- Kurpark mit Kurtheater (Bad Meinberg spa gardens with spa theatre)
- Moormeile (Meinberg’s moor mile)
- Yoga Vidja (Europe’s largest yoga centre)
- Silberbachtal (Valley)
- Lippische Velmerstot (441 m)
- Preußische Velmerstot (464 m)
- Norderteich (conservation area)
- Moormeile / Meinberg’s moor mile, 3,8 km (This history of Bad Meinberg is closely interwined with healing sulphuric moor, which has been harvested at the edge of the public spa for medical uses since as early as 1820)
- Bärensteinroute, 6,4 km (This trail is suited to hikers who have an affiliation with nature and wisch to experience a natural landscape and all of its facets)
- KlimaErlebnisRoute Velmerstot, 18 km (On this trail you will learn a lot about the impact weather, climate and air quality on your body)