Leopoldshöhe, a family-friendly municipality in the west of the Lippe region, lies nestled in the middle of a stimulating landscape between the towns of Bielefeld, Bad Salzuflen, Lage and Oerlinghausen.
Discovering nature and idyllic spots – whether on a walk, hike or bike tour – is always fun and bound to be highly varied here. The Heimathof Leopoldshöhe with the interesting museum of local history, and historic estates such as Eckendorf, Hovedissen and Niederbarkhausen – some of which dating back more than 1,000 years – are rewarding destinations.
Good transport connections mean you can get here quickly and the exemplary public transport network means you can maintain flexibility even without a car.
- Heimathof Leopoldshöhe (Home farm)
- Gut Hovedissen (Estate Hovedissen)
- Gut Niederbarkhausen (Estate Niederbarkhausen with rural fortress)
- Gut Eckendorf (Estate Eckendorf)
- Protestant church in Leopoldshöhe
- Wanderweg 1 / Hiking Trail 1, 10,4 km (Hovedissen – Large Wood – Schuckenbaum – home farm)
- Wanderweg 2 / Hiking Trail 2, 12,8 km (Hovedissen – Im Pramsiek – Bexterhagen – Bexterwald – home farm)