Nature in abundance, localities characterised by timber buildings (Fachwerkhäuser) and art and culture with years of tradition have attracted people to our town for time immemorial.
The princes of Lippe built their summer residence here for good reason, creating an extensive park in the middle of this majestic low mountain landscape. The Schieder Lake Recreation Centre (Freizeitzentrum SchiederSee) also has much more to offer than “just” a gorgeous lake view. What’s more, this landscape – full of experiences and views – tempts you to hike and relax.
- SchiederSee (Recreation Centre with family park)
- Pony farm at SchiederSee
- Papiermühle Plöger (Paper mill)
- Schloss Schieder mit Barockgarten (Castle Schieder with park and baroque garden)
- Protestant church in Schwalenberg
- Historic Town Hall Schwalenberg
- Night Watchman Tour
- Town gallery
- Burg Schwalenberg (Castle Schwalenberg)
- Robert Koepke Haus (Museum)
- NaturZeitReise / Forest Nature-Time-Trip, 27 km (Is there anything more beautiful hiking through the woos on a sunny day)
- Burgberg und Stadtwasser / Castle Hill and Town Water, 7 km (This trail themed trail comprises three circular hiking routes with a lotal length of 7 km)
- Kahlenbergturm / A lap of the Kahlenberg Tower, 3,6 km ( Kahlenberg is Schieder’s very own, local hill. The Kahlenberg Tower found there was constructed and completed in 1840/1841)